Monday, April 27, 2009

The season is getting closer....

The bike is almost completely ready for the season. I replaced front wheel bearings, repainted it, re-assembled it. I went through the toolkit and replaced all the stamped steel junk tools with nice ratcheting box end wrenches, If you wont love using them in your garage, you will hate the tools when sitting in the gravel on the side of the road. My trailer hitch is finished and out for powder-coat and chrome. I also discovered a wonderful cheap cargo camper for Motorcycles. Harbor Freight now has a tiny motorcycle trailer available that is under $500.00US a better price than the overpriced $3500-$6500 trailers that are available. I will not be using it this year for camping. All camping will be 2 up bike only. If I cant carry it on the bike, it does not come camping! That will be the entire premise of the book, what you need and what you can do camping on just your bike.

I am getting the itch to ride. I have been on some shorter around town runs. Weather here has been rain or heavy winds, so not much in riding yet. I at least went through a tank of gas, 35mpg... I need to tune up the bike, sync the carbs, and clean them out. Getting maintenance done now will mean your summer riding is far more trouble free. Take the time and waste some of the spring riding weather. If you need tires, get them on, get that bike running so you feel confident to ride 400-500 miles and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment